To All Center for the Book Affiliates-

As you know, National Ambassador for Young People's Literature Jacqueline Woodson, winner of the National Book Award ("Brown Girl Dreaming") and many other honors, began her two-year ambassadorship in January 2018. She will be traveling the nation promoting reading to young people. Her platform is READING = HOPE x CHANGE (What's Your Equation?), which encourages young people to think about - and beyond - the moment they're living in, the power they possess and the impact reading can have on showing them ways in which they can create the hope and the change they want to see in the world.

Many of our ambassadors have participated in events sponsored by affiliated Centers for the Book. We are offering this opportunity again.

Please see the link below for more information:

http://everychildareader.net/ambassador/events/

And this link is for the application:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHmKi2Vt3ooZIUemumnpqMFRqt_I_YJhg6vHLUIciMO8WICA/viewform

Note that the deadline for applications is extended to Friday, March2, 2018, for affiliated Centers for the Book.  The Children's Book Council says the chosen center will most likely have its visit from Jacqueline in 2019.

Please send your applications to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with a cc to me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Guy Lamolinara
Communications Officer
Center for the Book
Library of Congress