I would suggest this list-serv not forward unpaid internship listings
because of the privilege they assume and the injustices they continue to
perpetuate in the field. Full stop.

Allied cultural work organizations like the National Council on Public
History and American Association of State and Local History have recently
taken up such stances and now refuse to list unpaid internships on their
job boards. If more professional organizations like ARSC take a stand, it
will help to change a culture and to make our field more accessible to the
diverse practitioners we say we welcome. Submitted for consideration.

--
*Jess Lamar Reece Holler*
Public & Community-Based Folklorist & Oral Historian

"Later there might be goldenrod, but let it come."