On 3/4/2018 11:32 PM, Corey Bailey wrote:

> Call me old fashioned, but I will not sample rate convert unless it is
> in even mathematical numbers (88.2K to 44.1K, 96K to 48K, etc.). On my
> website, I state that I digitize to 2 files simultaneously because I'm
> not a fan of sample rate conversion. Yes, I know that algorithms have
> improved over the years and those of you that maintain that you can't
> hear any difference will not change my opinion on this.

My understanding is that sample conversion with even mathematical ratios
(like 2:1) is just as destructive as with non-even ratios (like
96:44.1), and my (strictly-anecdotal, not-scientific) listening
experience tells me the same thing, so I try to avoid *any* sample rate
conversion.

Peace,
Paul

---