I note you are not listed in the ARSC directory.  Are you a member?  Will
you be attending the forthcoming conference?

Steve Smolian

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
<[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Thomas Stern
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] obsolete discographies

Of course I keep and consult Gramophone Shop Encyclopedia, and the
supplements of which I have only a few, but little else in the Classical
line, perhaps some artist discographies, some included in published
biographies or ??Record Collector (UK pub documenting classical singers).
Are there comprehensive discographies of classical music (similar to the
long line of Jazz and Blues discographies) ??
Here is a list of Jazz/Big Band items (I assume all the information in these
has been incorporated in the current version of the CD-ROM Jazz
Discography):

JAZZ DISCOGRAPHIES UNLIMITED

Big Bands Volume One   Feb 1965 Dance Band Series BB-V1

(Berigan/Bradley/Castle/Dale/DeFranco/Fields/Gray/Jenny/Keene/Miller/Musso/V
entury)
Big Bands Three Nov 1965
(Alexander/Auld/Belloc/Brooks/Carpenter/Commanders/Conover/Cook/
  Dunham/Herbie Fields/Jack Kane/Keene/Mann/Billie Rogers/Bob
Rogers/Ryland/Stevens/Wald/Williams)
Big Bands Volume Four
Big Bands Vol.Five
Big Bands Volume Number Six Jan 1968
(Belloc/Commanders/Flanagan/gibbs/Morrow/Sauter-Finegan/
  Slack/Sonn/Earle Spencer)
Big Bands Volume Number Seven Sept 1968 (Bob Chester/Larry CLinton/Sonny
Dunham/Hudons-Delange/
  Eddie DeLange/Teddy Powell)
Les Brown and his band of renown  new 1966 edition  Dance Band Series B1-R
Nat King Cole  Spotlight Series Volume One Jimmy Dorsey and his orchestra -
November 1966 The Dizzy Gillespie Big Bands - 1945-1950  1955-1957
Bill Harris   Spotlight Series Volume 9
Woody Herman Volume 3 - 1959-1965
Woody Herman and the swingin' heerd 1959-1966 Woody Herman Alumni Volume One
Harry James and his Orchestra volume I 1937-1950 Great Kenton Arrangers
(Bill Holman/Gene Roland/Johnny Richards/Pete Rugolo/William Russo) MS-1
Glenn Miller Alumni Volume one (Ray Anthony/Tex Beneke/Jerry Gray)
  Volume two (Skippy Martin/Billy May/Hal McIntyre/Ray McKinley) Modern Jazz
Piano(Joe Albany/Gene Di Novi/Al Haig/Argonne Thornton) Spotlight Series
Volume Five Art Pepper  Spotlight Series Volume 4
The NEW Art Pepper Discography  Spotlite Series    book 30
Boyd Raeburn and his Orchestra including Johnny Bothwell, George Handy  Feb
1972
Boyd Raeburn and his orchestra  R-1A October 1966 Jan Savitt and his Top
Hatters  Dance Band Series S-1 Jan 1966 Jan Savitt and his Top Hatters
April 1971 Freddie Slack  Spotlight Series Volume 3 Claude Thornhill and his
orchestra The Sound of Claude Thornill and his Orchestra  Dance Band Series
T-1, No.24

WALTER C ALLEN
Record Handbook No.1 COLUMBIA 13/13000-D Series  Dan Mahony 1961

JAZZ PUBLICATIONS
Lionel Hampton and his Orchestra 1951-1953  (August 1961) booklet 4  Arnett
Cobb booklet 5  Lucky Millinder 1941-1960 booklet 6  Lionel Hampton and his
Orchestra 1951-1958 (October 1962) Discographical Notes Vol.4 Jimmy Smith,
Leo Parker

JAZZ SOLOGRAPHY SERIES
Tenor Saxophonists of the Period 1930-1942  Jan Evensmo
  Vol I Leon Chu Berry/Herschal Evans/Colean Hwwkins/Ben Webster/Lester
Young

KARL EMIL KNUDSON
A Discography of Free JAZZ(Ayler/Cherry/Coleman/Sanders/Shepp//Taylor)
Compiled ERIK RABEN

STEVE LANE
Bill Coleman on record - forward John Chilton

MUSICA JAZZ
Duke Ellington's Story on Records: 1923-1931 Duke Ellington's Story on
Records: 1946

NEW JAZZ SOCIETY
General Catalog of Duke Ellington's Recorded Music   1966

Cheers, Thomas.