From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryan Martin
Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Großes Sängerlexikon

You're absolutely right, Rainer. We have the 5-volume edition. The problem is that the 4th edition (7 volumes) sells for $1259 US, which is roughly on par with the New Grove and MGG. The 4th edition doesn't represent enough value added over the 3rd edition, which is why we didn't purchase it.

You can get used copies of the 4th edition for about $500 US, which in my opinion is closer to the actual value of it.

Bryan

Bryan Martin, MusBac, MA
Technical Supervisor
Music Library