As I'm sure many of you have seen, the House Judiciary Committee voted unanimously yesterday to approve the Music Modernization Act. It is likely to come to a floor vote soon, and likely to pass.

https://judiciary.house.gov/press-release/house-judiciary-committee-approves-bipartisan-music-licensing-legislation/

Today the ARSC Copyright Committee published on the ARSC Blog a final appeal for Congress to reconsider the effects the CLASSICS portion of this bill would have on audio archives and our related communities:

Why the CLASSICS Act Should Be Removed from the Music Modernization Act
http://arsc-audio.org/blog/2018/04/12/mm_act/

Even if it's too late to delay or amend the bill, it's worth understanding how it will affect access and scholarship going forward.

Mason Vander Lugt
ARSC Blog editor