Yes, Dave the DR-1 has the pad lift feature and dual capstan. Glad to hear you like it! If I didntí already have a couple of Naks, Iíd have snatched that one up!

There are simple protrusions on the top and bottom of the head that push the pressure pad away from the head.

<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689