Colleagues –

I am teaching a course this summer for the Catholic University of America’s Department of Library and Information Science and I need volunteers in the technical services arena to help my students understand what it’s like to be a technical services librarian today. The course is Collection Development and Management and it focuses on how libraries develop collections that support the mission of their organization and reflect the communities that they serve. One of the assignments each student will have is to interview a technical services librarian and I currently have 21 students registered so I am looking for a number of candidates to the interviewed.

So, if your position covers technical services including systems librarians, electronic resources managers, discovery systems managers, collection development, selection, processing, etc. and you would be willing to be interviewed, please let me know. I am not looking for catalogers or interlibrary loan folks but if that is part of your job and you are also responsible for other technical services, I would welcome your assistance.

The class starts May 7 and their interviews are due by Saturday, May 26. The process can be conducted or the phone or via e-mail and you do not need to be in the Washington, DC area to participate.

Thanks for your willingness to share your experience and knowledge with the next generation of library and information professionals!

Richard Huffine | [log in to unmask]
Librarian | Administrative Operations
Office: (202) 435-7483 | Mobile: (202) 308-2960
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau