From: Gary A. Galo
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Cleaning Diamond Discs with Grain Alcohol

Hi David,

I believe alcohol is a solvent to the celluloid surface on a Diamond Disc.
It's also a solvent to shellac, so it shouldn't be used on the vast majority
of "78-rpm" records. Bags Unlimited has a non-alcohol formulation which I've
found safe on lacquers and shellac records:

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/category/364/78-rpm-record-cleaners

Scroll down to "Groovy® Record Cleaner for 78 rpm Records." I haven't tried
this on Diamond Discs, but I would expect it to be fine. You have to be
careful using any liquid cleaner on Diamond Discs. If liquid gets into the
wood-pulp core, the record can delaminate. Careful application to the
celluloid surface with a pump sprayer should be OK.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Gary

Gary Galo