On 5/25/18 2:54 PM, Banuelos, Christopher A wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. I have a probe thermometer, but I have it just kind of sitting in there through the gap in the front door/plate thing. I have been able to maintain a temp of 133. I will adjust this down. But overnight, you say? I didn't think I was supposed to bake it that long. I will give that a shot for sure.

As tapes continue to age, the required baking time seems to be
increasing.  Once upon a time 12 hours was OK.  I've done a lot of Ampex
tape from the 1970's, and my minimum baking time is now 24 hours.  Reels
which are in bad shape may require 48 hours.  12 hour cooldown is OK,
but 24 is better.

-- John Chester