Hi Ben,

I believe that's an N44E stylus, which is an elliptical for LPs. LP. Do a Google search for Shure N44E stylus and you'll find some additional info. 



Gary Galo
Audio Engineer Emeritus
The Crane School of Music
SUNY at Potsdam, NY 13676

"Great art presupposes the alert mind of the educated listener."
Arnold Schoenberg

"A true artist doesn't want to be admired, he wants to be believed."
Igor Markevitch

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of 6295LARGE
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 8:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Which stylus has the brown 'head' in an M44E?

Hello everyone.

I just purchased a used Shure M44E cartridge.
It came with a brown stylus 'head'.
Can anyone tell me if it's for LPs or 78s?

Please send your email to [log in to unmask]

Thank you.
Ben Roth