Hi ARSC,

There's a new post on the ARSC Blog today - "Ray Davis and Wango Records: Bluegrass, Gospel and Used Cars in Baltimore", written by Gene Baron. It tells the story of the Baltimore based bluegrass label "Wango" and Ray Davis, the radio DJ who created it. It's a great story and includes 10 audio clips from rare Wango releases, including the Stanley Brothers and Reno and Smiley, as well as Davis's announcements and ads, and photos of the people involved.

http://arsc-audio.org/blog/2018/05/23/ray-davis-and-wango-records/

Many of you may have seen Gene's conference presentation that the post was based on, but he graciously agreed to adapt it for the blog, and I think it worked great. If you presented at the conference, or have another story to tell, please consider submitting it to the ARSC Blog. This will allow those who couldn't make the conference, or had to choose between concurrent sessions, to learn from your research, and will keep it discoverable on the web for years to come. Please write me at [log in to unmask] if you're interested.

Thanks Gene for the story!

Mason