 Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, May 10th from 10:00 to
11:15 am for a free training session entitled "Litigation Research with
Westlaw," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

While attorneys and other researchers may feel powerless to tame the
litigation beast, it is possible to manage litigation research to save
time, money, and frustration. During this course, attendees will learn how
to more efficiently locate relevant briefs, pleadings, motions, dockets,
jury verdicts, settlements, expert materials and comprehensive reports on
experts, judges, and opposing counsel in Westlaw. As our Westlaw trainer
reviews techniques for researching within the vast amount of materials
available on Westlaw, he will delve into procedural issues, the retrieval
of court rules and determining whether you can rely on a case. He will also
examine how you can use Westlaw for briefs, pleadings, motions, and jury
verdicts.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is
located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior
Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall
Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in
Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please
go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formk
ey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register at
https://www.doi.gov/library/training-sessions-registration-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.
 However, please note that this class is also being offered as a
simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please
indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information
about webinar access to this program.

Additionally, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits for Interior
Department Solicitor's office staff will be available for in-person or
webinar attendance to the session.  CLE credits will be available from the
following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado (WebEx only),
Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon,
Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin.  Our trainer will inform
interested attendees how to apply for these credits.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at
[log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have
trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about
the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website
at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on May 10th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
(OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]