Less than a week left to register!  Registration closes Monday, May 7.  Join the SLA Maryland Chapter for this highly informative program!

The SLA Maryland Chapter hopes that you can join us for our upcoming program, Tips from the Trenches, Negotiating Tips from Librarians and Vendors, on Tuesday, May 15.  More information appears below:

Tips from the Trenches: Negotiating Tips from Librarians and Vendors

Tuesday, May 15 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm

The Hotel at the University of Maryland in the Jim Henson Room (7777 Baltimore Avenue, College Park, Maryland)

Many information professionals struggle with negotiations—we stress over the potential back-and-forth and worry whether we’re getting the best deals for our organizations. But negotiations don’t have to be scary, or an “us” versus “them” battle of wills. Join us for an exciting program featuring insights, tried-and-true tips, and “lessons learned” from both sides of the negotiating table, from fellow information professionals and seasoned vendor partners!

Confirmed Speakers:

Dinner and Discussion:

Dinner will be served buffet style at 6:30 pm. The panel presentation will start at 7:15 pm, and the format will feature each presenter for 10 minutes, with a moderated Q&A discussion, followed by open questions from attendees.

To register:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tips-from-the-trenches-negotiating-tips-from-librarians-and-vendors-tickets-44452271942

Program sponsored by EBSCO and the SLA Maryland Chapter.

Annette K. Haldeman

Manager, Reference Services

Library and Information Services

Maryland Department of Legislative Services

Office of Policy Analysis

410-946-5400