Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, May 10th from 10:00 to 11:15 am for a free training session entitled "Litigation Research with Westlaw," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

While attorneys and other researchers may feel powerless to tame the litigation beast, it is possible to manage litigation research to save time, money, and frustration. During this course, attendees will learn how to more efficiently locate relevant briefs, pleadings, motions, dockets, jury verdicts, settlements, expert materials and comprehensive reports on experts, judges, and opposing counsel in Westlaw. As our Westlaw trainer reviews techniques for researching within the vast amount of materials available on Westlaw, he will delve into procedural issues, the retrieval of court rules and determining whether you can rely on a case. He will also examine how you can use Westlaw for briefs, pleadings, motions, and jury verdicts.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register at https://www.doi.gov/library/training-sessions-registration-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

Additionally, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits for Interior Department Solicitor's office staff will be available for in-person or webinar attendance to the session.  CLE credits will be available from the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado (WebEx only), Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin.  Our trainer will inform interested attendees how to apply for these credits.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on May 10th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]oi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796