GHE Users,

Our team is constantly scanning for new updates, security measures, and improvements to continue to provide a useful and reliable system. With that, we routinely perform maintenance on the system (typically over the weekends).

In an effort to limit the number of service emails we send, we have implemented a new message bar on the Staff Portal homepage (https://staff.gis.loc.gov). Please make it a habit to notice the status bar when you log into the portal. The event bars are color coded to indicate the severity of the message. In the event of a major upgrade or a critical message, we will be sure to send an email on the LISTSERV as well.

On that note, GHE will be performing a minor security upgrade on Friday, 18 MAY 2018 at 9:00PM EST. At the end of the upgrade, the servers will reboot. Please save your work before this service window.

Mike

Michael Schoelen

GIS Administrator [CTR]

Office of the Chief Information Officer