From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]GOV] On Behalf Of Gene Fieg
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] NACO functionality coming to Record Manager

This is all very nice.  But I have a few questions.  From what I can tell from one particular WMS site there does not seem to be any integration between the catalog record as displayed in WMS and the NAF.  For instance, if I click on Mark Twain, will I see "also see" directions.  If not, then WMS is not yet a fully integrated system.  Systems before yours were able to do this.

I would also suggest that if you intend to go into WMS authorized authority work, that your records be presented in a more informational matter; that means going back to a more ISBD look, with entries added; others did it before; I would expect it from such a highly touted system as WMS.

Quite frankly, when I, as a patron, go to an online catalog and get the slightest whiff that that catalog is based in WMS, I know I am in trouble.

Gene Fieg

Retired Cataloger.