I agree with the caveats expressed about the unstable nature of Google
knowledge graphs/panels, but I also note that sometimes it is *not *possible
to track down the source of the information given there. In those cases, it
may be a matter of going with the least bad course of action and citing the
panel, as has been done at least 48 times previously (authority file
keyword search "google knowledge panel" in notes) and another 27 times for
"google knowledge graph" in notes.

Almost any data we draw from the web has a higher degree of instability
than data from physical sources, but that's the world we live in. The best
we can do, I think, is to cite exactly, source carefully, and time stamp.

-Phyllis Jones

--
Phyllis J. Jones
Senior Recordings Cataloger