I agree with the caveats expressed about the unstable nature of Google knowledge graphs/panels, but I also note that sometimes it is not possible to track down the source of the information given there. In those cases, it may be a matter of going with the least bad course of action and citing the panel, as has been done at least 48 times previously (authority file keyword search "google knowledge panel" in notes) and another 27 times for "google knowledge graph" in notes.

Almost any data we draw from the web has a higher degree of instability than data from physical sources, but that's the world we live in. The best we can do, I think, is to cite exactly, source carefully, and time stamp.

-Phyllis Jones