When there are multiple VIAF clusters for the same entity (personal name or
otherwise) and when they are noted in an affected NAR for registration with
the LC/NACO Authority File, those multiple VIAF clusters often become
consolidated.

*e.g.*,

(1)  As of February 15, 2018, there were 2 VIAF clusters for the same
corporate body with no involvement of any name change:

670  DNb in VIAF, Feb. 15, 2018 ǂb (access point: Aoki Gallery (Tokio))
670  JTNDL in VIAF, Feb. 15, 2018 ǂb (access point: 青木画廊 = Aoki Garō; ...)

At that time, both of these 2 VIAF clusters were noted in the NAR
registered with the LC/NACO Authority File:

0247 198557377 ǂ2 viaf
0247 http://viaf.org/viaf/198557377 ǂ2 uri
0247 258166849 ǂ2 viaf
0247 http://viaf.org/viaf/258166849 ǂ2 uri

Then, some 10 days later, on February 26, 2018, the latter VIAF cluster,
VIAF ID 258166849, was merged into the former VIAF cluster, VIAF ID
198557377.

(2)  As of April 19, 2018, there were 2 VIAF clusters for the same author
with no involvement of multiple identity:

670  JTNDL in VIAF, Apr. 19, 2018 ǂb (access point: 黒須, 高嶺 = Kurosu,
Takane; r; b. 1980)
670  KR-SlNLK in VIAF, Apr. 19, 2018 ǂb (access point: 구로스 다카네 1980- =
Kurosŭ Tak'ane 1980- ...)

At that time, both of these 2 VIAF clusters were noted in the NAR
registered with the LC/NACO Authority File:

0247 251897550 ǂ2 viaf
0247 http://viaf.org/viaf/251897550 ǂ2 uri
0247 306144928080354341932 ǂ2 viaf
0247 http://viaf.org/viaf/306144928080354341932 ǂ2 uri

Then, 10 days later, on April 29, 2018, the latter VIAF cluster, VIAF ID
306144928080354341932, was merged into the former VIAF cluster, VIAF ID
251897550.

(3)  As of April 9, 2018, there were 2 VIAF clusters for the same corporate
body with no involvement of any name change:

670  DNb in VIAF, Apr. 9, 2018 ǂb (access point: SGCIME; ...)
670  JTNDL in VIAF, Apr. 9, 2018 ǂb (access point: マルクス経済学の現代的課題研究会 =
Marukusu Keizaigaku no Gendaiteki Kadai Kenkyūkai; ...)

At that time, both of these 2 VIAF clusters were noted in the NAR
registered with the LC/NACO Authority File:

0247 258525917 ǂ2 viaf
0247 http://viaf.org/viaf/258525917 ǂ2 uri
0247 4911151051826333530003 ǂ2 viaf
0247 http://viaf.org/viaf/4911151051826333530003 ǂ2 uri

Then, 6 days later, on April 15, 2018, the latter VIAF cluster, VIAF ID
4911151051826333530003, was merged into the former VIAF cluster, VIAF ID
258525917.

et cetera

Hideyuki Morimoto
Japanese Cataloger
C.V. Starr East Asian Library
300 Kent Hall, mail code 3901
Columbia University                 Voice:  +1-212-854-1510
1140 Amsterdam Ave.                 Fax:    +1-212-662-6286
New York, NY  10027-7034
U.S.A.                Electronic Mail:  [log in to unmask]