From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello,

the reason that I am not in the ARSC directory is that I am not a member any
longer.

In 2012 I decided that I did not want to remain a member of an association that
condoned theft from public archives. This was very apparent from the non-action
(despite requests from others than myself) of the then Board in distancing ARSC
from such criminal activities.

The Board apparently considered that it was worth losing one member rather than
publicly take a moral stance.

There was one vociferous ARSC member (not a Board member) who on ARSClist
declared that he would welcome back and hug the perpetrator after having sat
his time. Another ARSClist correspondent made such verbal attacks on me (that
were not moderated) that the textual content of the postings was removed in the
digest, without removing the fact that the postings (including word count) had
been there. I have the original postings. Surely the ARSClist administrator
failed.

ARSClist is not ARSC, but I decided to limit my contributions, which had been
frequent (and possibly pompous).

My advice concerning published information on acoustic recording is to consult
Peter Copeland's Manual.

Best wishes,

George