Dear State Centers for the Book and other National Book Festival Pavilion of the States participants,

It is time to start planning your attendance at the National Book Festival Pavilion of the States. I will be sending out information as I receive it. I have no info at this time regarding shipping materials to the convention center or any details about how the pavilion will be laid out. We are looking at ways to alleviate crowding, possibly by arranging the states in round “pods” instead of aisles. The states in the Northeast were especially crowded and their aisles were sometimes nearly impassable.

I hope to have a lot more info by the end of the month, as we meet with the contractor responsible for setting up the exhibition floor.

As you know, the festival is Saturday, Sept. 1 (Labor Day weekend). Doors open at 8:30 (author presentations begin at 9). The Pavilion of the States will close at 5pm, as it did last year.

The important information I have for you today regards the NBF hotel.

I’m happy to announce that the contract has been awarded for the official 2018 NBF hotel! Cambria Suites treated us well last year, and we are happy to partner with them again this year. The hotel is just a few blocks north of the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.

Official National Book Festival Hotel

Cambria Suites Convention Center

899 O Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20001

The cutoff date for guaranteed reservations is Wednesday, Aug. 8. Single or double rooms are at the same rate of $165/night + taxes/fees. Use the following link to reserve rooms: https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/RF87C7

You may also call the hotel reservations line directly at 202-552-5427. The reservation line is tended to Mon-Fri from 8 am to 4 pm excluding weekends and holidays.

Please make reservations before the deadline, as the hotel will not honor this special rate after Aug. 8.

  ­­

Thanks,

Guy