 Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, July 12th from 2:00 to 3:15
pm for a free training session entitled "Native American Legal Research on
Lexis Advance," part of our series of free training sessions at
the DOI Library.

Lexis Advance offers a substantial collection of Native American Law
materials including tribal constitutions, codes, treaties, court opinions
and other primary and secondary legal materials. In this training session,
our Lexis trainer will explore relevant federal laws, including how to deep
dive into Congressional documents and treaties. Attendees will discover
troves of tribal primary law; how fill in the spaces with *Cohen’s Handbook
of Federal Indian Law* and delve into analytical options for emerging
issues including Oil & Gas, Water Rights, and Eminent Domain. Our trainer
will also bring law and analysis together for Key Topics including Tribal
Sovereign Immunity and the Indian Child Welfare Act. Additionally, those
attending the class will learn how to analyze the shifting sands with legal
news from *Mealey’s Native American Law Report*.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is
located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior
Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall
Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in
Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please
go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register at
https://www.doi.gov/library/training-sessions-registration-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.
 However, please note that this class is also being offered as a
simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please
indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information
about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at
[log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have
trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about
the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website
at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on July 12th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
(OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]