Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, July 12th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a free training session entitled "Native American Legal Research on Lexis Advance," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

Lexis Advance offers a substantial collection of Native American Law materials including tribal constitutions, codes, treaties, court opinions and other primary and secondary legal materials. In this training session, our Lexis trainer will explore relevant federal laws, including how to deep dive into Congressional documents and treaties. Attendees will discover troves of tribal primary law; how fill in the spaces with Cohen’s Handbook of Federal Indian Law and delve into analytical options for emerging issues including Oil & Gas, Water Rights, and Eminent Domain. Our trainer will also bring law and analysis together for Key Topics including Tribal Sovereign Immunity and the Indian Child Welfare Act. Additionally, those attending the class will learn how to analyze the shifting sands with legal news from Mealey’s Native American Law Report.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register at https://www.doi.gov/library/training-sessions-registration-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on July 12th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796