Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, July 25th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a free training session entitled "Introduction to the Global Plants Database," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

JSTOR’s Global Plants database features more than two million high-resolution type specimens. The collection also includes partner-contributed reference works and primary sources, such as collectors’ correspondence and diaries, paintings, drawings, and photographs. The DOI Library recently added this online resource to those available to Interior Department employees through the Library’s website. This session will introduce attendees to the Global Plants database, covering the specimens, reference works, and primary sources. Via webinar, a JSTOR trainer will demonstrate searching using domain-specific filters, navigating to relevant resources, and how to view related specimens in one place. Attendees will also be shown how to use the Image Viewer, and save items to individual accounts to enhance the experience of working with Global Plants.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register at https://www.doi.gov/library/training-sessions-registration-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at library@ios.doi.gov for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on July 25th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]doi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796