Hello folks:

I've been seeing a lot of RDA records with 130 [title].$l [language 1] &
[language 2] authorities attached of late.  I can't tell you how sad this
makes me.

My sense of the matter of updating these records is to create a new
authority for each language if it doesn't yet exist in the AF, and request
cancellation of original.  Is this correct?

I looked high and low for official documentation, and the closest I came
was a PCC list thread from 2013, which confirmed my assumption, but the
smart money says, "Ask first, then do the work."

Cheers

Bob
--
Bob Talbott

Principal cataloger/Hebraica cataloger

UC Berkeley

250 Moffitt

Berkeley, CA 94720

If they're too small for court, they're probably shorts.
If they're long and advanced, you're looking at pants