From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Early
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Updating UT/expression language authorities

I’m with Kevin on this. If it is not coded as 042 pcc, it is not an official BIBCO record. Doesn’t mean it isn’t a good record and it doesn’t mean that all non-pcc records are bad records.  I _do_ evaluate the quality of a record by its 042 code and will instruct any paraprofessional working for me to do the same.

Stephen T. Early
Cataloger
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood
Chicago, IL  60637
773-955-4545 x326
CRL website: www.crl.edu<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crl.edu&data=02%7C01%7Cpete.wilson%40VANDERBILT.EDU%7C1d986f2c1cf14989bb2808d5ec23ade7%7Cba5a7f39e3be4ab3b45067fa80faecad%7C0%7C0%7C636674560345551042&sdata=7m%2Fyv3wVQTQC0SalXkO%2B2qvRvHHBs3aTpCundnebQZQ%3D&reserved=0>