From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Robert M. TALBOTT
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Updating UT/expression language authorities

Hello folks:

I've been seeing a lot of RDA records with 130 [title].$l [language 1] & [language 2] authorities attached of late.  I can't tell you how sad this makes me.

My sense of the matter of updating these records is to create a new authority for each language if it doesn't yet exist in the AF, and request cancellation of original.  Is this correct?

I looked high and low for official documentation, and the closest I came was a PCC list thread from 2013, which confirmed my assumption, but the smart money says, "Ask first, then do the work."

Cheers
Bob
--
Bob Talbott