My go-to instructions for this scenario are found in the “Summary of Programmatic Changes to the LC/NACO Authority File.”  See item #3 on page 4:

http://www.loc.gov/aba/rda/pdf/lcnaf_rdaphase.pdf#page=4

--

Mark K. Ehlert                 Alma: NA02
Cataloging and Metadata        Primo: MT NA01

  Librarian

O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library

University of St. Thomas

<http://www.stthomas.edu/libraries/>