No longer a cataloger.  But even before RDA, we saw a lot of this.  What is
happening is this (go back to that meeting several years ago about
bibliographical control sponsored by LC and it technical service division,
about everybody, including vendors being contributors).  Note that we have
two vendor submissions, Baker and Taylor and Yankee.  This not a DLC/DLC
record at all; DLC simply rubber stamped it.  And I would submit that this
will continue at a faster pace as more and more people adopt WMS; you can
order through WMS and when the books are sent, the library's ownership
symbol is added to the holdings list.  WMS is extremely tempting to library
directors who see their job as keeping costs down (don't want to do that
expensive cataloging thing).  And so now records created by vendors and
rubber stamped by DLC are the norm.  No need to do authority work.  Is
there?

Gene Fieg