I can agree with both Kevin Randall and Yang Wang.

BIBCO records as Kevin says are those records which are authenticated by
042 pcc. The BIBCO status is organizationally based, not just an indication
of the BSR model. It indicates both that the record has been contributed by
an institution which has been through BIBCO training and review, and that
the record adheres to BIBCO standards.

But I agree with Yang that experienced catalogers evaluating a record look
at the data, not an authentication code. The value of the authentication
code has more to do with machine and workflow processing. It provides a
datapoint which can be used to route records for more or less review by the
experienced catalogers. That's for the sake of efficiency, not from any
expectation that BIBCO status is an infallible mark of quality.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
University of Minnesota