Hi Dustin,

I think you're confusing recording data in a 368 and *using* that data in
an access point in a 1XX field. When recording information in a NAR in a
368 field there is no requirement for a parenthetical qualifier [unless the
term drawn from a preferred vocabulary itself has a parenthetical
qualifier]

Some examples from the MARC standard of non-parenthetically-qualified data
in a 368: https://www.loc.gov/marc/authority/ad368.html

110 2#$aJohann Traeg (Firm)
368 ##$aFirm

151 ##$aLlanmadoc (Wales)
368 ##$bVillage

100 0#$aSava,$cSaint,$d1169-1237
368 ##$cSaint

The requirement to use a parenthetical qualifier in an access point comes
from E.1.2.2 in RDA, which tells us when to enclose in parentheses Ex.

Enclose a designation for a fictitious or legendary person in parentheses.
Enclose a designation for a real non-human entity in parentheses.
Enclose other designation in parentheses.

Finally, not all data which can be recorded in a 368 must be enclosed in
parantheses when used in an access point, for instance Title of Person, Ex.

100 0#$aSoraya,$cPrincess,$d1932-2001
368 ##$dPrincess

I hope this is helpful,

best,

Netanel Ganin

*he/his/him*

*Any opinions in this email are solely those of Netanel Ganin and not to be
construed or represented as those of any institution.*