OK, Ben. Will do! :-)

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 3:16 PM, Benjamin A Abrahamse <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

One favor to ask,

If you get a response from the Coop on whether it’s preferable to change a 110 to a 111, or to create a new 110 and request that the 111 be cancelled, I, and probably a lot of folks on this list as well, would appreciate knowing what they say.

Thanks,
Ben

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Ann Heinrichs
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] A conference that's not a conference, but a corporate body?

Thanks a bunch, Adam. Will contact the NACO folks.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 1:45 PM, Adam L. Schiff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Ann,

OCLC doesn't delete authority records.  Only LC can do that.  If the conference heading (111) isn't valid, you'd have to report it to [log in to unmask] with a request that it be deleted.  If the heading all along should have been a 110 corporate body, I think it could be ok to change it rather than cancelling it and creating a new NAR.   I would consult with the Coop Cat staff at LC ([log in to unmask]) if you're unsure how to proceed.

Adam Schiff

University of Washington Libraries