Only clue I could come up with is that Cashbox says " All advertising
closes Friday at 12 Noon preceding week of issue."
I would guess there would be (or have been) documentation in internal
records of either company, or for the various distributors involved.
Peripherally, this 1951 issue has an interesting cover story about
Billboard's newsstand policy:
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Cash-Box/50s/1951/CB-1951-02-17.pdf
Franz