Thanks, Ted.
The records are not warped.  They look very clean.  I can't see the scratch
or gouge.  I've tried adding weight but the cartridge rubs the records.
I used a vinyl record cleaning fluid from Nitty Gritty, but don't use their
machine.  I use compressed air before I do anything else.
I tried slowing the record down to 45 and 33 so as to lesson the cause, but
no luck.
I don't know what else to try.
I think I'll buy the LP reissue.

Have a good weekend.