Hi,

I've been sent a consignment of reels to transfer, most are BASF so should
be fine. However a few are Ampex 478. I've tried to research these reels
and they aren't listed as having problems on Richard Hess's site, but
others seem to think they might still have a problem and need baking.

Opinions?

One BASF tape (a studiomaster 911) shows signs of having been in wet or at
least damp conditions. Any opinions of the best was to proceed? - The tape
it's self (although a little dirty, but not thankfully mouldy) looks OK,
but due to the previous exposure to damp, would anyone recommend baking for
safeties sake?

Thanks

Richard Moore

(Apologies for posting from an odd account, my personal e-mail keeps
rejecting ARSClist emails)