Oh, by the way, I don't recall if these were capstan or take-up reel drive but any non-linear speed variation can be compensated for in software.

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Fisher
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: [ARSCLIST] Fwd: WHAT IS THIS AND WHERE CAN I HEAR IT?

Hey Ben,

I've been able to get an excellent transfer out of these by taking the tape out and rehousing it in a standard cassette shell (much like what I and othere do with microcassettes) and playing them in a standard cassette deck where it's possible to do an alignment.  After transfer the tape can always be returned to the original housing if warranted but I'd suggest leaving it in the standard shell and storing along with the original housing in case another transfer is needed due to some problem in the future.

Martin