Hi Kurt
The red book standard is 74:21. Anything above that is not a standard CD.
Having laid that out, most newer players will play cd's that are longer
than that. The longest I ever saw was almost 90 minutes, but only one of my
players could tackle it. 80 is pushing it. From my label days I remember
that at these lengths your successful reading rate would be 80-90%.

בברכה,
שי דרורי. 0544-470-420
מומחה לשימור ודיגיטציה של נגטיבים אודיו וידאו ופילם 8-35ממ
Cheers
Shai Drori
Expert digitization services for Audio Video
3K scanning for film 8mm-35mm
Timeless Recordings Music Label
www.audiovideofilm.com
Tripadvisor level 6 contributor, level 15 restaurant expert