I called Jamie at Plangent about a microcassette with speed fluctuations I had with a microcassette. I had re-shelled it to a cassette and transferred it at 24/96. He said he could handle it. I sent his link to the customer, but I don't know if he ever followed up. John, I suggest you call Jamie and talk to him. He may be able to help you. But that help comes at a hefty price..(p) 845 652 0277 (e) [log in to unmask]

    On Sunday, August 26, 2018 9:25 PM, Paul Stamler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 On 8/26/2018 7:09 PM, Tim Gillett wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Unfortunately it appears Capstan only works on "polyphonic" musical
> sources, not on speech. We had a discussion about this same issue on the
> Sound on Sound forum and the company's product manager came on, saying
> he had tried but been been unable to successfully reduce wow on speech.
> All the company's references to successful removal of wow seem to apply
> to music only.
>
> Jamie Howarth's "Plagent Process" uses the recorded bias tone as a speed
> reference. That normally only applies to professional open reel
> recordings but if there are other tones on the recording such as� a
> whistle etc it may be possible to use that as a speed reference to at
> least partially fix the wow.

If there's 60Hz hum on the tape, might Capstan be able to lock onto that?

Peace,
Paul

---