RENEE B. SWARTZ

Presidential Appointee Emerita

Institute of Museum and Library Services

Trustee Emerita

Barnard College - Columbia University

Chairperson

NJ Center for the Book

NJ State Library Advisory Council

Monmouth County Library Commission

Congratulations to Sharon Shallo
for her role in leading a national discussion among the Centers to retain the 4-6th grade category in the LAL  LOC reading-writing initiative.
New Jersey has participated in this program for over 15 years with great success bringing forth marvelous examples of thoughtful essays that have gone on to receive national prominence.
We congratulate the LOC for reinstating the 4-6th grade level category and for revisiting this decision.

Best regards,
Renee Swartz

Chair, NJ Center for the Book