Hey Mary Jo and all,

My notes show the meeting will be Friday 8/31 from 4pm-5pm with the reception following from 5pm-6:30pm at the location you mentioned or immediately adjacent (Montpelier Room, Madison Building 6 Floor). I haven’t seen an official agenda but I think Guy mentioned that the main topic would be LAL. For those states whose Centers for the Book do not manage LAL (like CA and a handful of others) perhaps we could do an informal side meeting about a topic of interest? Our representative from the State Library is attending with me and I’d love for her to hear more about what other State CFBs do. I understand LAL is very important for many, but for those who have outside orgs managing your LAL with little or no involvement from the CFB (Example: our CA School Librarians Association manages LAL) I’d love to chat!

Julianna Robbins
Program Manager
California Center for the Book
Facebook & Instagram: @CaliforniaCenterfortheBook
Mobile: 562-277-8168

California Center for the Book is a program of the California Library Association, supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.