From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Karen Jensen
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:14 PM

> I was asked about the access point for the PCC record with ISBN = 9780226545448
> (Ekklesia : ǂb three inquiries in church and state).
>
> It was catalogued by LC under title because it consists of 3 separate works ...

That's correct.

> ... with an introduction written together by the 3 authors, but changed
> on OCLC (# 992562179) to be under the first named author.
>
> Should the record have been changed?

No.  It wouldn't surprise me if the layout of the title page (represented by the 245 $c) had something to do with this.  Or the catalogers speculated was that though each author composed their own material/chapter, they were "collaborating" together on the fuller work.  This latter one has thrown me for a loop sometimes.

See slides #16ff and their presenter's notes in this LC presentation:
https://www.loc.gov/aba/rda/source/special_topics_compilations.ppt

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Alma: NA02
Cataloging and Metadata        Primo: MT NA01

Verona," Act I, Scene iii