I think I agree.  For those few characters who make a paying profession out of their superpowers, their profession might be better labeled “Soldiers of fortune”, “Assassins”, “Bodyguards”, “Spies”, “Private investigators”, etc.

                                                                                Steve McDonald

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Nancy Sack
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Superheroes - profession/occupation or other distinguishing characteristic?

I agree. To my mind "Heros" and "Superheroes" are descriptions of status. One isn't employed (for fun or profit) as a hero or superhero; one simply is a a hero/superhero. I think those terms belong in 368 fields just as terms such as Political prisoners and Holocaust survivors, and Refugees belong in 368.
Nancy