Ted,

“creator” is a relationship designator that applies to works (see RDA 9.2), not agents.  Some long time ago I believe I did propose some new designators along the lines of “creator of character” and “created character” but the JSC/RSC chose not to accept them.  With the LRM and RDA revision, it’s a moot point, since fictitious characters will no longer be agents.  I guess that wouldn’t stop the PCC from establishing and registering additional designators of their own for us to use, but I don’t know if PCC is willing to undertake that.

Adam

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gemberling, Ted P
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Incarnation of/Incarnated as

That sounds like a good solution. Thanks to Adam for giving some examples of how that could be done.

I just have one more point that may not be necessary to make. Please put the 500 on Glycon’s authority, not Esculapius’s authority. It seems if you put reciprocal 500’s on both, there is potential for a big proliferation of 500’s on “deities who have avatars” authorities. I think that is unhelpful clutter.

Adam, I just had one detail question. Why can’t you put $i Creator before 500 Buttgereit, Jörg on that authority?

Ted