Do you have a 2nd 374 for the alter-ego’s occupation?
Is it an occupation if they’re not being paid?

Janet

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Maxwell
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Superheroes - profession/occupation or other distinguishing characteristic?

I’ve generally used 368 for “Heroes” though I see plenty of the “Heroes” term recorded in 374 in the file. It also looks like “Superheroes” has been recorded in both fields (and at least once, incorrectly, in 372). “Superheroes” seems a little more like an occupation (374) than “Heroes”, but I think I’d use 368 for both “Heroes” and “Superheroes”.

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University