“The difference between me and this Great Lady is that my profession is her hobby.

My hobby is gardening, for which I do not expect to be paid”

Scylla, Head of the Guild of Prostitutes, comparing herself to the Empress Messalina.

I Claudius

Based on this, I consider a profession to be something one is paid for.  Anything else is a hobby.

-          Hank

William C. (Hank) Young

CONSER Coordinator

George A. Smathers Libraries