I'd like to offer a link to the Report of the PCC Ad Hoc Task Group on
Gender in Name Authority Records:
https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/documents/Gender_375%20field_RecommendationReport.pdf

Although not adopted yet as a PCC instruction [to my knowledge] it's a very
useful guide.

best,

Netanel Ganin

*he/his/him*

*Any opinions in this email are solely those of Netanel Ganin and not to be
construed or represented as those of any institution.*