From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Hostage, John <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:06:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Pseudo Aristotele

Stephen raises some good questions.  I don’t know the answers, but couldn’t the same arguments be made about many of the dozens (hundreds?) of other “Pseudo” authors in the file?  It seems like a huge disruption.  Does it serve the user and the scholars who might know them as Pseudo Aristotele or whatever?  We’ve been told that we’ll be able to get around LRM’s nonsense about real persons by the use of nomens or something like that, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Note, however, this 667 on the NAR for Virgil: “Works attributed to "Pseudo-Virgil" or otherwise once attributed to Virgil but now known to be spurious such as the Appendix Vergiliana should normally be entered under a uniform title with an added entry for Virgil.”

Any name that you used in an author-title 400 would have to be established, according to my understanding of the policies.

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger

Langdell Hall 194

Harvard Law School Library