-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alex McGehee
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] ARSC Facebook Group?

A well-worth-the-read article published yesterday by the New Yorker.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/09/17/can-mark-zuckerberg-fix-facebook-b
efore-it-breaks-democracy
<https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/09/17/can-mark-zuckerberg-fix-facebook-
before-it-breaks-democracy>
Alex McGehee

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 10:31 AM, Mason Vander Lugt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hi ARSC, the Online Media Committee is looking into the idea of creating a
discussion group on Facebook, and would like your (ARSC member) input about the
possibility. In short, a "Group", in Facebook terms, functions more like a web
forum, and would not replace our existing Facebook "Page", which is designed
more for ARSC to communicate with members and the public (but, to a lesser
extent, supports user submissions).

> For examples, you can look at existing Facebook groups for similar
organizations:
> AMIA (https://www.facebook.com/groups/76820094560)
> IASA (https://www.facebook.com/groups/179371048900314)
> AES (https://www.facebook.com/groups/AudioEngineeringSoc)
>
> We have created an anonymous 5-question survey on Google forms, link below.
Please take a moment to complete it to let us know how you feel about the idea.
The OMC will discuss the results at our meeting later this month and will update
here after we've had a chance to process results and weigh options. If you would
like more information about what such a group would entail, feel free to write
me and/or Andrew Hansbrough ([log in to unmask]).

check it out! - https://www.facebook.com/arscaudio/