On 9/28/2018 3:01 PM, 6295LARGE wrote:
> Hi Lou
>
> It's  steady state white noise.  What if it IS the board?

As I said a minute ago, I think we've had this discussion
already.However, I'll chime in.

Boards don't make noise. Parts mounted on boards do, and these days it's
more economical for a repair person to replace a complete board full of
parts rather than chase down the part that's gone bad.

Peace,
Paul

> Regards,
> Ben
>

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 12:35 PM Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> If you want a response, you should add it to the reply to field! :-)
>>
>> What sort of noise? Steady state white noise? Crackly irregular noise?
>> Hard to believe he can’t trace it; at some point it is there and before
>> that point it isn’t. Is it in playback, source monitor, or both? If on
>> playback, it could be the source/tape switches, that happens on my Sony 4
>> track sometimes.
>>
>> I think - not sure - that a deck of that vintage can have compoments
>> replaced on all the boards individually; not needing complete board
>> replacement… and there are units on ebay for $149 to 600 which you could
>> get as a parts donor…
>>
>> Best luck!
>>
>> <L>
>> Lou Judson
>> Intuitive Audio
>> 415-883-2689
>>
>> On Sep 28, 2018, at 9:03 AM, 6295LARGE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everybody.
>>>
>>> I have a TEAC A-2340  which has a noise that my repair guy cannot fix.
>> He's
>>> been in the business for some 35 year, but cannot trace this noise to its
>>> source.  He said it might be the board which no one can fix or replace.
>>> Does that make sense?  Can anyone suggest a solution?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Ben Roth
>>> P.S.  PLEASE RESPOND TO [log in to unmask]

---